[geeks] Off-road trucks (was F*n sweet car..)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 10 23:01:29 CDT 2002

> > And they make *better* fuel mileage after you modify 'em!  I only just
> > recently understood how that was possible...
>
> efficiency?  lower rpms with same power?  something along those lines?

It makes it sooo much more efficient.  More power at lower RPMS, and
capable of doing a whole lot of power with very little go-pedal.  There
are guys running around doing 25MPG with 900lb-ft at the rear wheels.
With that much power, accelleration is only a tap away...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."