[geeks] Beater Cars

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri May 10 18:55:43 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 06:59:29PM -0500, doctor obnox son of a bitch wrote:
>  I've always, always driven pieces of shit. Really, it's like I must've
>  always preferrred 'em.

it's about half and half with me.

>  My Dog list:
>  1980 Pinto delivery wagon

did it catch on fire?  my friend's did. ;)

the 1993 S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT goes on the shit pile.  nice when new, but didn't
take long to get crappy.

>  Semi-alright:
>  1976 Honda Civic ("The Sewing machine")

rock.  my brother had one.  80s i think.  even my mom liked it, and she's picky.

>  1984 Subaru GL wagon 4x4

rock.  i'm a subaru fan, never owned one, but had friends that did.

>  Respectable cars:
>  1998 Toyota RAV4

please don't call that abomination respectable.

>  1990 GMC c-1500,2wd, 305, 5-speed

nice truck.

1987 G-20 full size van
1982 K-10 Blazer, also known as the BEAST.

>  First, and Favorite:
>  1970 Plymouth Fury III Sport Coupe, 318

first: 1983 VM Rabbit.  loved that car.  ran it into a tree.
favorite: 1974 BMW 325i  i wish i still had that car.
second favorite, 1992 BMW 735i  that thing was HUGE.

>  Proud never to have stooped to owning:
>  Yugo

had a girlfriend who had one of those.  you are right in being proud to never
having owned one.  complete piece of shit.

>  Gremlin or Pacer

had another girlfriend who ran over a Gremlin with her '86 Ford F-150.  ;)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --