[geeks] RANT...erg

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri May 10 17:22:08 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 05:48:17PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> This:
> http://www.4by4connection.com/dodge4.html
> is a pretty nice bumper, and the price is right too.

ARB makes good stuff.  and the un-exposed winch mount kicks ass.

> Looks like the Xterra version:
> http://www.4by4connection.com/nissan1.html
> is similar.

yeah, but probably even more useful since the stock X front is made up entirely
of plastic.  sure, metal underneath, but the coverings are all plastic.  and
very easy to break.  that nice solid steel ARB can take a beating without even
noticing it. ;)

> I know a good welder though, and he says he can make a similar one for
> way less, and then I can paint it to match the truck.  Jeezuz I hate
> having no income...

hmm, the ARB is the last thing on my list of things to do to the X (underside
armor being first, full skidplates and sliderz) the next is suspension, and
then the ARB and winch last.  just ordered the Silderz and Skip Plates this
week, can't wait for them to show up.

anyway, my point was, see how much he would charge to make one for the X, and
do you know anyone who can power coat it?  also, it's got the have the "hidden"
winch mount, since a truck without a winch is a truck that is stuck.  ;)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --