[geeks] F*n sweet car... has anyone seen this car yet?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 10 16:57:06 CDT 2002

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 04:46:35PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> >
> > The Camaro has been dead for a long time, IMO.  Karin wants a Durango,
> > which is about as SUV as I get (big engine, buttload of aftermarket
> > parts, manual trans and transfer-case, etc).  Really more truck than
> > plush SUV.
>
> gonna go off-road at all with it?  following those thing, i can't help but to
> see those suspension bits where the rear leafs meet the shocks.  those hang
> REALLY low down, and don't afford much clearance.  other than that, nice choice.

Well, It's Karin's truck, so probably not too much.  It will be the
"family truck" though, so chances are it will be called upon to go down
remote dirt trails to campsites, haul the off-road motorbikes and
camper, etc.  My truck will get the heavy-lifting jobs, and will be the
primary source of off-road entertainment.  I might keep my 1500 around
for that, as the 2500 has significantly less chassis/suspension flex.

> if they didn't cost so damn much (or if high speed internet access wasn't so
> important to me) i would have gotten a 2500.  sweet F-in trucks.

Just after I impulsively bought my 1500, I found a 2500 Cummins Quad-Cab
LWB Dually for $1k more than what I paid.  I regret nothing I've ever
done, but man, I came close when I saw that...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."