[geeks] RANT...erg

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri May 10 15:53:48 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 04:12:18PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Hmmm I'll have performance when I can afford a 911 Turbo.  I'd really
> like one of the mid-late 80's early 90's models with wide-track, round
> lights, fenders and whale tail.

Ruf CTR-2.  that is a SICK car.  520HP out of a 3.6 litre engine.  hey, wait
a minute, the engine in my Xterra is 3.6 litres.  hmmmmmmmmm, i need to talk
to Herr Ruf.  ;)

> enough road rage in me that I want to ram their @#$%^ing car, pull them
> out through the window (through the glass; plunge crak pull tinkle
> tinkle), and beat them bloody against the hood of their own car.  (It's

i wish i had the ARB Bull Bar for my Xterra.  i had a great riceboy experience
on sunday.  some idiot riceboy was riding the left lane like he owned it, and
without even having to slow down i slipped right, and cut him off pretty hard
on the way back left.  i cut him off a little harder than i originally meant
to, but then i don't have much pity for those idiots who ride the left lane.
thinking he's gonna be cool, he zips by me on the right (gotta give him credit
for the move he pulled, it wasn't that shabby) pulls in front of me and drops
down his speed to block me.

not being the most intelligent asshole in the world, he doesn't block properly
and leaves me an oppourtunity to pass him again on the right.  so i drop down
to 4th and gun it.  170HP, 200lb-ft torque, 4000lbs curb weight, not exactly
the worlds zippiest vehicle.  he couldn't touch me.  he tried REALLY hard, and
his poor little rice mobile bellow an ungodly amount of burnt oil smoke, but
he didn't stand a chance.  the second time i cut him off i did it so hard he
choose to not fuck with me anymore.

now if i had my ARB, i would have given him a little love tap from behind.
broken a little of his plastic, and REALLY pissed him off.  ;)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --