[geeks] Desktops

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu May 9 21:28:07 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 08:02:27PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:

> > What are folks using for free office suites. Star Office, Open Office or
> > something else?
>
> StarOffice 5.2 as soon as I can get it loaded.  I was using that on my
> Windows machine anyway.  Thankfully I had my resume stored online
> somewhere when the crash hit.

i wasn't too impressed by StarOffice 5.x on Solaris, but 6.0 Beta was not so
bad IMHO.  i didn't mind using it, other than the fact that i meant that i was
lowering myself to some winders mentality, but it was ok.  i guess.

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --