[geeks] yay. coolness.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 9 21:07:49 CDT 2002

For the past year and a half or so, in our master bedroom we've had a
window-mount 115V 10KBTU air conditioner, in addition to the 30-year-old
central heating and air system.

Lately, this old unit has been getting "gunked up", dirty, and growing
fuzz (yeah, we dont clean it as often as we should).  Today, I got tired
of it - loud, ugly (early-80s woodgrain plastic!  A Montgomery Wards
special!), power hungry, etc.

Went to Home Depot, picked up a 6KBTU window AC, *much* smaller, for
$165.  Brought it home, installed it (basically, stuck it in the window;
will brace it with a couple of wood shims this weekend), walked back in
the house, plugged it in, and turned it on.

Wow.  This 6KBTU unit cools as good as the 10KBTU unit did.  Its smaller,
quieter, I'm guessing TONS more energy efficient - and the coolest part -
IT HAS A REMOTE CONTROL.

Temperature display with green LED display, etc, and A REMOTE.  This rocks;
I dont have to get out of bed to adjust the AC at night anymore!

Plus, our new kingsize bed got here today.

Maybe we'll both sleep better tonight.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford