[geeks] Desktops

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 9 18:51:51 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 04:47:52PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 16:35, Ryn wrote:
> > Anyone completely  moved away from Winbloze? I am debating ousting
> > Win2k and converting to Gnome on Linux.
>
> I do ALL of my work on Solaris8/GNOME or Linux/GNOME desktops.  I'd use
> IRIX/GNOME, but my Indy doesn't boot, and I can't figure out how to get
> the cap to un-solder for testing.  Pan, Evolution, Emacs, and ssh get me
> around pretty handily.

Now that the semester is over, I only have 2 reasons to continue running
windows.  The first is for my existing games collection.  The second is to
run Squeak (it works on linux, but leaves out features, and it works on MacOS,
but the missing features require better hardware than my working macs have).
It is handy to keep around.  For testing Windows only things for ideas, etc.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo