[geeks] Help... Pipe rescue

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Wed May 8 15:48:40 CDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I did one of those semi-bone-headed things last night, and I've got
> candle wax stuck in the drain.
>
> Being an ex-chemist, I've tried everything I can think of that I had
> in the house at the time separated by healthy quantities of boiling
> water.  The first clog was in the sink, but I managed to plunger it
> through to a spot between the bathtub and "out of the house"... so
> when Filling the kitchen sink, it runs into the bathtub...

Go to Home Depot and get a bottle of Clorox Outdoor bleach cleaner.  Pour
the entire bottle down slowly, without letting it overheat the pipes.  Get
a rotary snake, and snake a hole in the clog.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"