[geeks] UPSs

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue May 7 18:06:23 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:25:02PM -0400, Ryn wrote:

> Anyone know what would be required to keep an Ultra1 (2 disks, power
> supply that came with it) and a Pentium 166 (1 disk, 250-watt power supply)
> up for ten minutes? Usually during power outages at home, the electricty is
> only out for 5-10 minutes  Hopefully someone has wandered down this
> road before

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=474045&bcFlag=True&bcSCatId=3&bcSCatName=Technology&bcCatId=75&bcCatName=Surge+Protection+and+UPS&bcClassId=141931&bcClassName=Uninterrupted+Power+Supply+%28UPS%29%2FBattery+Backup

Sorry about the URL, every time I tried trimming it it broke.

Anyway, that is the same price, and it is a better brand.  I have one, and
it works decently.  Couldn't say a time frame though since VA doesn't make
much sense to me.  Does that meant a 100volt, 1A device will only last
3.5 seconds?  But it lasts longer than that for me.

--
Joshua D. Boyd