[geeks] Retro A/UX download link...

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Mon May 6 17:14:43 CDT 2002

PLW> On Mon, 6 May 2002, Mike Hebel wrote:

>> Anybody want to go retro 'nix on their older Mac? *grin*
>>
>> http://www.archaic-apples.com/index.php?category=Macintosh&subcategory=A%2FUX

PLW> Cool!  I have the CD's...

If I had a faster connection I'd have CD's too... *grin*

>> I can't believe I found this.  Now if I could only find PlainTalk 1.2
>> somewhere. (1.3 doesn't work on my 68k PowerBook.)

PLW> Gee, I wonder if I have it kicking around.  I will look.

Thanky kindly - it would be wonderful to get my old '540 PowerBook
working with speech recognition and show up a certain Wintel friend I
know that was excited that he'd gotten speech recognition with XP.
"See - this was made in the 90's and had it standard before Intel
did!" ;-)

Mike Hebel                        mailto:nimitz at owc.net