[geeks] okay.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon May 6 09:34:16 CDT 2002

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 09:56:40AM -0400, Tim H. wrote:
> The Silmarillion is by far the most cohesive book published after Tolkien's death, and in the intro Christopher says that his father's histories of the races of Arda changed considerably at times, and he chose the most consistent ones for the Silmarillion.  A lot of the other stuff shows up in the unfinished works.

A friend got me the 4-book set (Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy) and I dont really
see myself reading any of the other stuff after I finish these... Its just a
bit wordy, plodding, and thick... I read a *lot* (at least one book/day), and
had to struggle through the Hobbit because it really didnt get interesting till
the end.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford     | "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.
mrbill at mrbill.net | Hate leads to using Windows for mission-critical