[geeks] thoughts.

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun May 5 07:11:38 CDT 2002

On  4 May, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> Yeah, they got hot.
That hot, that you can not use all this upgrade options together.
Colling in Sun machines is a nightmare. (IMHO)

I think this can be said about any "real" hardware. :-)

> Actually, name some 10-year-old systems that can still run the current
> OS provided by the manufacturer, and do it reasonable well to boot.
SGI Indigo R4k.
Some RS/6k should do also. 320h? (Sridhar?)
The DECstation 5000/200 was "only" single CPU, but could hold 480MB RAM
in 1990. Ultrix 4.5 is still current. ;-)
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz