Cool & Quiet (was Re: [geeks] arrrrgh!)

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sun May 5 01:38:53 CDT 2002

On Saturday, May 4, 2002, at 11:18 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Jonathan P. has one for sale, and I think Josh B. is thinking about
> selling his.

Hmmmm... I wonder what configs they have.  I know I have a couple of the
4G drives kicking around (in the carts.)

This may be the only thing (well, it's kinda noisy too) that I have
against my U2 - it sheds a bit of heat with 1G and dual CPU's.  I could
put a dedicated AC in the den, but that's not the cheapest option.

I bet a netra X1 would run cool. (it's about 1/4 the BTU's) It's louder
than the U2, tho.

That's it - I'll get a G4 cube and migrate basenji.com to it. :-)

Now the real thing is to open up the Intel switch and figure out why the
fan is so damn loud.  Other than that, I like it (Intel 460T).

-Pete