[geeks] Hmmmm fattening

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat May 4 14:10:27 CDT 2002

> > I've been involved in a couple of these bad boys and my advice is, go
> > lightweight. Get one of the kits that have a fully iundependent suspension
> > (corvette or jaguar usually) on a new tubular chassis with a large diameter
> > backbone, and then get the lightest small block V8 you can.
>
> The real way to go for these cars is the 351W.

I've only been involved in one, and it used the 351W.  Goldarn that
thing was fast!  Come to think of it, a stroked 360 can hit 408ci
without too much trouble and might make a decent engine.

You're right though, Chris.  With a 289, that thing will still scream,
and be a force to be reckoned with in stoplight races.  However, for
true man-points, you gotta go bigger...

I don't want it so powerful as to be uncontrollable though, so I have to
balance my desire for power with a need for longevity of the chassis
(and driver).
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."