[geeks] 32 Gig 1.6" SCA drives......

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri May 3 14:13:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 03:01:14PM -0400, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
> But what bitrate MP3 are you talking about?
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

192kb/s and 256kb/s.

I've never tried 320kb/s, which I believe I just heard you mention.

320kb/s is a little less than a 1/4 compression ratio.

The real test is complex multitimbral sounds, like strings, etc.  Some
reviewers have commented on an Eric Clapton live unplugged album as being
exceptionall good for testing MP3s.  But, I don't have that album.

I have the disk space to store a large part of my CD collection as FLAC
files.  If I had $400 or so, I get the drives to store all of it easily.  I
know that you could easily store any size CD collection you might have.

Grr, I'm hearing some breaking up in the Metallica CD I'm listening to (S&M
disc 1).  This sucks.  I'm pretty sure it's not the head phones, and I don't
rember hearing it the last time I played this CD (but that was in the car,
not in my discmanesque thingy).

--
Joshua D. Boyd