[geeks] 32 Gig 1.6" SCA drives......

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Fri May 3 00:41:32 CDT 2002

At 02:01 AM 5/3/02 +0000, you wrote:
>I've been damn lucky. I've got a few deskstars hither and yon; none of
>them have failed. I've just recently lost a 20GB Quantum though.

That's why the DeskStar 76 gig I just put back into service after getting
it replaced by IBM went into a Cool Drive enclosure, all aluminum, with a
100? CFM fan in it and it has a thermally conductive pad in it to use the
drive enclosure as a heat sink for the upper half, while the majority of
the air is channeled over the electronics and the sides of the drive... I
need to put another case exhaust fan in to complete the airflow... oh, the
enclosure is made by Cooler Master