[geeks] Favorite beer?

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Thu May 2 15:18:13 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:51:09PM -0500, Steven Hill had the audacity to opine:
> > Hmmm, Warsteiner good. When I'm lloking for a light beer I go for a
> > Warsteiner. The only problem is it's like 75 euro for a case here. That and
> > Grolsch which is you keep it gold is great but it gets skunky if its ever
> > aloud to get warm.

I've gotten 12-packs of Warsteiner for $10.00 US just recently!

Dinkel Acker CD-Pils is cheap around here, and a relatively good pils,
once you realize how inexpensive it is.

> What's 75 euro in real money?
>
> Pounds (Irish or Sterling)
> or USD
>
> > I've never liked Stella though is is one of the most popular beers in the UK
> > (god knows why)
>
> Dunno...
>
> Just thought of another two lager type things:
>
> Lowenbrau (very tasty on draught, if you can get it)
  Lowenbrau in Munich or Zurich is NOT the same as Lowenbrau in the US.

  Here it's made by Miller :(

I'm liking anything made by August Schell, from New Ulm, MN.

The "German Pale Ale" is yummy, even if not particularly German.

Summit and James Page, both in the Twin Cities make some great stuff,
too.

If I'm forced to drink mass-market American lager, I'll take Rolling
Rock.

--
Here's that flapjack                      ........Eric J. Gustafson
Put it in your pocket, 'til I get back    .........................
Ain't got time to shake your hand         .........drobnox at visi.com