[geeks] One of the things I love about America

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Thu May 2 14:35:27 CDT 2002

**BINGO**

I've been preaching this ever since I left high school (about 14 years
ago).  I wanted to teach SO BAD but I knew that I couldn't AFFORD to.
If I could make what I make now teaching, I'd be teaching in a heartbeat.

You also make a great point Greg -- raising the pay and watching the bar
rise.  You'd see a lot of highly-paid professionals jump into education
for the state benefits, the schedule and the satisfaction of helping
students vs. satisfying a PHB.

Of course, there is a downside, right?  You get to deal with spoiled kids,
whacked out parents, school boards that don't have a clue and cafeteria
food.