[geeks] One of the things I love about America

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Thu May 2 15:21:35 CDT 2002

> > The alaska pipeline actually increased populations of caribou, eagles, small
> > mammals, and the birds that feed on them, I see no problem with drilling in
> > 1% of the ANWR if it's handled properly. Tis is good for us because it means
> > we need 5-7% less oil from Saudi Arabia. You know the oil that we went to
> > war over in 1991.

	I've got an educational video from a friend who worked with the
company that maintains the pipeline. It's talks about that and how the
pipeline has been a really small impact on the environment.

	The funny part is that it's narrated by Mel Blanc... So it's
essentially Elmer Fudd narrating it. :)

	Rick