[geeks] One of the things I love about America

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu May 2 10:31:30 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 06:27 PM, Chris Byrne wrote:

> I'm very unhappy with the many violations of civil liberties going on
> right
> now, but overall Im satisfied with the conduct of the war, and of the
> administration. I am not a Bush supporter, or a republican. But Im
> definitely not a democrat, and I dont think Gore would have handled this
> situation well. My read is that he would have asked us to restrain
> ourselves. Not get angry. That we would try and pursue terrorism
> through the
> courts which is  a suicidal folly.
>
> Chris Byrne

I have a nagging suspicion that if Gore were president, September 11th
might not have happened.  You have to remember that all of the posturing
by Bush on breaking ties with middle east oil and "Cowboy" type actions
have pissed a lot of people off... and not just in foreign countries...
Now maybe if Gore was president, we'd have a different set of problems
because he's quite sheepish, but I don't exactly feel he would have had
to deal with the exact same set of circumstances.  And yes I also
believe that Mr. B is trying to get re-elected through the "war"... just
like dear old dad....  That's why they're like oh.. hmmm didn't last
long enough lets go after Iraq now.

Either which way the three worst candidates for president ever...

Andrew