[geeks] One of the things I love about America

sambo s at avoidant.org
Thu May 2 07:27:58 CDT 2002

Mike Meredith wrote:

>You could be right, but changing the day to a Saturday one year to try
>it out isn't going to cause the sky to fall in, and would be an
>experiment just as valid as all the other experiments they're trying.

I don't know what percentage of the population it comprises in the UK, but
this would mean that observant Jews would be completely excluded from the
vote. I see a problem with that, though there may be others who don't.

It would definitely meet with a tremendous outcry if it were tried in the
US.

---sambo