[geeks] One of the things I love about America

sambo s at avoidant.org
Thu May 2 08:09:06 CDT 2002

Chris Byrne wrote:

>a prosecution under the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) which is
>VERY different from standard us law. It is effectively a majority rules
>tribunal.

Yes. This is something to be feared. Do NOT, under any circumstances do
anything to cause yourself to have to stand up for a Military tribunal. You
will fall. HARD.

>Up until recently US law was EXTREMELY strict about dual citizenship. The
>Clinton administration relaxed some of the rules a bit, but most of the
>military regs are still the same.

Interestingly, I served in the IDF without becoming an Israeli citizen
first. All it took was a form letter to President Reagan. I got a form
approval in return.

---sambo