[geeks] One of the things I love about America

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu May 2 06:13:04 CDT 2002

Actually my commission never expires, I just get moved in to retired status.
I forgot to mention that if I attempt to do any of those things before I'm
officially retired, I am subject to prosecution for treason. Even better its
a prosecution under the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) which is
VERY different from standard us law. It is effectively a majority rules
tribunal.

Up until recently US law was EXTREMELY strict about dual citizenship. The
Clinton administration relaxed some of the rules a bit, but most of the
military regs are still the same.

Chris Byrne