[geeks] One of the things I love about America

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 1 12:31:48 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 12:24:32PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > Across the pond, it isn't legal to sell liquor on voting day.  So, I bet
> > people here would be pissed if voting day was on a Friday or Saturday.
>
> Where?

In the US?

Maybe it isn't a nationwide thing like I'd assumed.  A few years ago (like
'96) a local night club was busted for selling liquor on election day.  The
owner, whose father was running for office at the time, claimed that this
was just the actions of his fathers opponents trying to discredit him to make
his father look bad.

Of the two actual nightclubs here, this one is the only decent one. The other
is pretty skanky, and has a far worse reputation.

--
Joshua D. Boyd