[geeks] The usual suspects

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Wed May 1 01:13:48 CDT 2002

I mentioned that I got The Usual Suspects special edition DVD for my
birthday. I have just finished watching it, and all of the special features
and I can say

GET IT!

Every time I see that movie I catch little things that I missed. And this is
the first time Id seen in in wide screen on DVD (one of the good things
about living in Ireland is the availability of VERY good 16:9 TV's) and man
there's so much I missed before having only seen it on cable and broadcast
television.

Plus the extras. An entire DVD filled with them. About four hours worth.
Good stuff but honestly you don't need THAT much extra material.

Kevin Spacey and Gabriel Byrne kicked ass as usual, Stephen Baldwin was
psychotic as usual, Kevin Pollack was good as usual,  Benicio Del Toro and
Chazz Palmintieri were annoying as usual (fuck, as always. Anyone named
Chazz should be strangled as a baby anyway), and other than that horrible
Pakistani accent Pete Postlethwaite was good as usual.

Okay Verbal references over.

And damn, that dialogue.

Chris Byrne