[geeks] today's adventure

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Mar 30 22:11:18 CST 2002

eventually we woke up today for the third time (it was an icky rainy
morning here and the cat was afraid of thunder so she was facehugging
again) and decided to go exploring into the hill country.

see, i've been looking around for property to possibly build a house (as
opposed to remodel this one) and i came across some acreage. problem is,
the directions they gave were less than explicit, especially on the
how-far-outside-of-town part.

45 miles, an hour and a half drive, probably more in rush hour one-way.

admittedly, the property was stunning. hills, views, creeks, springs, and
curved roads, small rivers, lake views, and trees. my kind of
property--lots of variety.

and i even saw my first sheep. at least, i think it was a sheep. i've lost
my glasses again and from a distance they looked like fluffy whiteish
blobs. i also saw my first vulture, lots of fat big macs and a few
horses.

--a