[geeks] Car and such.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Mar 30 20:54:37 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 09:44:22PM -0500, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> I'll just throw in a little superstition of mine now... =)
> I've got AAA Plus purely for the "ward off evil" factor.  Normal AAA
> towing is to AAA approved garage nearest disablement.  Plus gives you
> 100 miles off towing.  Nice to be able to get your car to a garage
> you trust.
> I got this after some bastard garage in massachusettes killed my car.

How much does it run a month/year?  I've got "KIA Roadside Assistance", but
its a crock of shit - because they pay tow trucks, etc, so *little*, many
towing companies wont deal with them at all.  Last time I had a problem (
blowout, and the spare was flat), I ended up just calling my *own* wrecker and
having the guy tow it to the house (less than a mile away).  I then took the
flat tire down to the tire shop the next morning in Amy's car, had them
replace it, took it home, put it back on the truck, then drove the truck
down to get three more new tires.  Cost me around $45 for the tow, plus I
found out the guy lived down the street from me. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net