[geeks] well, hell

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Mar 29 15:28:36 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 04:24:33PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On March 29, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > >   My car needs a new engine control computer after a rear window leak
> > > (it's a convertible) destroyed it...$2100 for the part.
> > This was $250 or so, labor included.
>   Oh ok, that's not too bad...but it still sucks that you need a new
> one... :-(

Yeah.. The entire car's only worth $5-6K, for $2100 we'd say "just tow it
back to our house" and we'd go looking for another vehicle.

Course, compare the factory sticker price of your car, to the factory price
of this car ('92 LeBaron convertible, V6)... 8-)  This was a "go across town
and pick it up" part, while I doubt yours was that easy to get...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net