[geeks] well, hell

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 28 21:22:43 CST 2002

<warning: rant ahead>

What a day.  For a couple of weeks now, we'd been planning on taking Amy's
car ('92 LeBaron convertible) to get the brakes done (needed them badly)
this payday.

Took it down this morning around 8:30.  They called us to go pick it up around
11am.  Instead of $250, it ended up costing $400.

I thought, "Okay, not so bad, it needed rotors, calipers, etc, and the work
is warrantied.."

We went driving around.

The alternator died.  Its in the shop now, picking it up in the morning.

Just shoot me, shoot me now, stick the gun up to my brainstem.  *blamf*.

We *had* a trip to Houston and IKEA planned for this weekend, for our
wedding anniversary.  Scratch that.  *sigh*

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net