[geeks] FC-AL conversation from last month

nick at snowman.net nick at snowman.net
Thu Mar 28 13:59:54 CST 2002

I've got all the specs I need.  All I need is someone to clean up my
schematics, and a way to fab em.  I want three layer (ground in the
middle, power on the top or bottom, signal on the other) but 2 layer is
probably enough.  I would also need someone who can make the physical
enclosures, but they're fairly simple sheet metal.  Icould probably make
them, but they'd be.. erm.  low quality.  The design I intend to use would
probably run most of 400$ to fab, take 24 disks and 3-4 ATX power
supplies.  I'm debateing if I want to put in GBICs or DB9s.  The GBIC
slots will cost more + the cost of the GBICS, but it's alot cheaper to
build in GBIC support and add a GBIC than it is to buy a DB9-otherFCAL
dongle.
	Nick