[geeks] FC-AL conversation from last month

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 28 12:39:48 CST 2002

  I was swamped when the whole "let's revisit the whole FC-AL thing"
thread took place about a month ago.

  I too have a strong interest in making some FC-AL drives useful
without investing a fortune in an array system.  I have PCB design
capability here, along with accounts at all the major electronics
suppliers and a PCB fab house.  I also have top-notch proto assembly
equipment here, and am willing to do the work.

  I read with interest the apparent problem of handling load-balancing
and failover with ATX power supplies.  I may have a solution to that
problem, if is indeed still a problem.

  Has this subject gotten any further than where it left off on 2/28?
Is anyone else interested in hacking on this, or funding it to get
some of whatever hardware results from it?  Is anyone interested in
opening a discussion?

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar