[geeks] Mailing list software.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Mar 27 13:12:36 CST 2002

On March 27, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> >   I think we're all aware of this...but it doesn't change the fact
> > that the rest of the world abandoned BIND4 for BIND8 many years ago.
>
> >   If it's good enough for the root nameservers, it's good enough for
> > me.  But Theo probably thinks he knows better than the root
> > operators..
>
> But if bind 4 works for them and has been audited, why do they NEEED to
> change?
>
> As you often say, just because a newer model out doesn't mean it stops
> doing it's job.

  You're preaching to the choir with that one, Kurt...BIND4 works,
sure...but BIND8 is *SO* much better...sane config file format, much
more configurable, much better under load...I'm definitely not talking
about running BIND8 simply because it's newer.  Moving Digex from
BIND4 to BIND8 made my life a *lot* easier.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar