[geeks] Mailing list software.

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Tue Mar 26 20:26:39 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 05:44:53PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
    [snip]
>   Not surprising. These are the guys that advocate using
>   BIND4, which most of the rest of the world abandoned
>   more than five years ago.
    [snip]

Except that the OpenBSD BIND4 has been audited by that team and is held
to the same standards as the rest of the core. Last I read, no one is
stepping forward to do that audit for BIND8 and Theo doesn't intend to
work on BIND9 for a while (if at all). That's little comfort if you need
a feature present in later versions but you can always run whatever you
want to compile. It's in both the packages and ports.

- Ross