[geeks] "Must See" movies.

Jim Carver j.carver3 at attbi.com
Tue Mar 26 20:02:20 CST 2002

Alice Conrad wrote:

> I just read 3 novels later turned in to movies all which  I have seen.
> Jaws, Andromeda Strain and Starship Troopers. I read the books after
> seeing the movies the first and last ones were quite difeirent from the
> movies and I found the books in fact more enjoyable. Strange though that
> they change novels *so* much to bring them to the big screen
>
> Alice
I agree. I can't believe that the movie version of Starship Troopers
didn't use the "Skull Earrings" with a dangling "Bone" for every jump. I
bet most of the actors had pierced ears already. Seemed pretty cool back
in 1963 when I first read the book. As a Jr. High schooler I didn't know
any GUYS with earrings!