[geeks] Re:Mac Question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 25 22:16:10 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:07:26PM -0500, Don McClure wrote:

> >I'm guessing that going from 68k macs to PPC or vice-versa would
> > be problematic.
> Not always, but PPC's need at least 7.5 (or the special version of 7.1 that
> Apple briefly offered).

Well, I swapped a drive my my 840av into my 8100/80av, and it insisted that
I install a new OS, but it didn't junk the HD either.  It went OK.  I decided
to give up on the 840.  I'm seeing if the 8100s ethernet works, and if the
SP AV board will work in it (neither worked in the 840), and depending on
results see where I go from there.

> >What about between a 660av and an 840av?
> Should work.

I'll have to try it then.

--
Joshua D. Boyd