[geeks] "Must See" movies.

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Mar 25 21:02:16 CST 2002

kurt at k-huhn.com writes:

>Ah yes - I had to put aside my technical knowledge and let the movire
>take me where it wanted to go.  Once I did that, it was very
>entertaining.  Same thing for The Fast And The Furious - had to set
>aside my knowledge of automotive engineering/tweaking and just enjoy the
>eye-candy...

That reminds me: having heard that Imhotep, one of my favourite
figures from the Early Dynastic Period of Egyptian history, appears
prominently in the recent film "The Mummy", I look forward to seeing
how they deal with his architectural innovations that led to the
radically new design of Djoser's step pyramid complex at Saqqara.
I can think of a few ways they could portray his invention of the
stone column, or his reworking of traditional reed mat temple
motifs into monolithic structures...

I guess I'll just have to wait and see it for myself.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------