[geeks] Losers.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 25 16:50:43 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:27:21PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:

>i'm pretty sure the 20e20 can do 1600x1200x72 can it not?  if so, how the
>hell do i get my Octane to stop being a putz about resolution?

Woah.  Bad news.  The O2 only supports 1280x1024 or less, except with the
1600sw.  The V6 doesn't support 1600x1200.  The SE only supports 1280x1024
(at least according to marketing lit. for all those).  I think this is leading
to the SI not doing more either, at least not officially or at decent refresh
rate.  It appears that this is one thing that SSI, SSE, or V8 graphics are
called for.  What a bloody rip off.  No wonder 2D animation studios are in
a hurry to dump SGI for other workstations.

Looks like I'm not going to be leaving intel or linux behind anytime soon,
even though an O2 still looks like the best way to go for video capture,
unless the PVO boards for Octanes start becoming cheap, or I find a way to
afford all SDI gear.

--
Joshua D. Boyd