[geeks] Losers.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 25 16:30:49 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:08:36PM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > But, when I get my 20", I plan to run 1600.  On my 17", 1600 is a touch too
> > small.
>
> ok, so how do i get my Octane with SI and GDM-20e20 tubes to do 1600x1200 at
> a reasonable refresh rate?  i'm currently at 1280x1024x76, which is nice to
> look at, but is just a complete waste of all these big tubes.  the only 1600
> i see in the display properties is 1600x1200x57.  that's just no good at all.

I don't know.  All I know is that it is supposed to be able to be able to
do 1600 at 60hz, and 72hz, plus probably some others.  You need 60hz
and 72hz at that resolution for film work.  And you need 100hz for PAL work
(although 100hz is pretty high, and might require dropping resolution).

When I said my future 20" at 1600, I was thinking of on my linux machine.  I
hope an O2 would be able to do the same.  If not, I'd be force to continue
using the linux machine as a desktop machine for somethings.

--
Joshua D. Boyd