[geeks] Memory Fragmentation under AIX

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Mon Mar 25 16:04:54 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:28:32AM +1100, Scott Howard wrote:
> We've got an external support vendor claiming that AIX can suffer from
> "Memory Fragmentation", and that the only way to fix a memory fragmentation
> problem is to reboot the machine.
>
> Anyone got enough of an AIX-clue to be able to confirm or deny this,
> preferably with a reference I can take to the vendor?
>
> (I'm not after general UNIX references - I really need something
> specifically on AIX)

let me check with the AIX savvy guy when i get to work tonight, but we had to
reboot 4 of our Domino servers since they were experiencing this AIX memory
fragmentation issue.  i still don't believe it's true, but he knows a lot more
about AIX than i do, so i don't argue too loudly. :)

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)