[geeks] "Must See" movies.

jodys at helluin.org jodys at helluin.org
Mon Mar 25 01:52:51 CST 2002

Maybe as a counter point,
Miller's Crossing (maybe a pinnacle for the Coen brothers?)
Dead Man (how can one refuse a existential post-modern western?)
but I'll agree with Magnolia (and Tom Cruise plays the asshole *so* well)

On to my (and my brother's) recommends

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (need I say more?)

More Gilliam, maybe? Him directing many *Monty* fucking *Python* movies.

Priness Monoke (anime)

any Akira Kurosawa (Rashomon, Ran, Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress (I wouldn't
put most of his non-period films on a must see list, but they are for the most
part excellent))

Tron (mmm... Foonly F-1... an impressive machine, with by far the best
name ever for a computer)

Lynch and/or Herzog (makes you seem deep and quite possibly disturbed)

...and finally the movie you don't want on your wish list
Nekromantik (who'd thunk that sex with dead people could be so boring?)

Jody