[geeks] thoughts on SMTP

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Mar 24 12:55:56 CST 2002

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 08:43:33AM -0800, David Passmore wrote:
> Any properly designed and balanced system is close to hitting the limit of
> every resource it has at peak usage-- CPU, I/O, bandwidth, memory, disk,
> etc. Anyone with any brains who is designing an ISP mail system for millions
> of transactions will solve the I/O issue and hit CPU and memory bottlenecks.

I think you summed the problem up very nicely there.  I bet every single one
of us can name a large ISP which doesn't have a single Clue in the entire
company.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    It's my experience that neither users nor customers can articulate
    what it is they want, nor can they evaluate it when they see it
        -- Alan Cooper