[geeks] HOLY SHIT

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Mar 23 17:59:49 CST 2002

I actually thought of something similar when I was working at Boxx (my
last job).  My version was basically a laptop with no keyboard.

Since our keyboard is removable, underneath is a flat plastic surface.
My idea was to start with the trackpad first, but eventually move to the
keyboard... paint it on... and have two or three electronic eyes
triangulate finger motion and position.  No moving parts... no keyboard
to replace... good for changing the size of the keyboard for smaller
things like pda's...

The funny half-keyboards are cool too... (they had those at the embedded
device show last year... it's called the single-handed keyboard)... it
shifts depending on whether a key is pressed so it contains
alternatingly one half or the other of a full size keyboard.

I also found out that I invented Ricochet without knowing about it
(after a fashion)... I had this hair-brained idea of doing laser
networking in blanket fashion on top of phone poles with a backup RF
link which also allowed aiming and repositioning the lasers.  I think
Ricochet was entirely RF on street lamps.

Andrew