[geeks] How low can NetworkSolutions (A Verisign Company) Sink...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sat Mar 23 14:01:40 CST 2002

[ On Saturday, March 23, 2002 at 05:42:45 (-0800), Geoff Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] How low can NetworkSolutions (A Verisign Company) Sink...
>
> Verisign / Network solutions are sending via snail mail domain expiration
> notices to NON verisign/netsol registered domains, trying to trick them
> into "renewing" with verisign :(

They're not the only one -- dozens of "registrars" are doing that.

As the message you forwarded indicates some haven't even been smart
enough to avoid sending such fake notices to other registrars for the
other registrar's own domain name!  (We've received several.)

If I'm not mistaken one or two of the .CA registrars who did this are
being investigated for fraud and/or violation of mail regulations.

(a "fake" invoice like that is illegal in Canada -- criminally so IIRC)

--
								Greg A. Woods