[geeks] Further info on Sol8 networking problem

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Mar 22 13:18:20 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 01:31:24PM -0500, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> But that Netgear does sound pretty sweet.  Of course, if I end up not
> using my Linksys as a firewall, I'll probably put an IPX into service with
> OpenBSD...

I like the Netgear (and the Linksys, for that matter) because I dont have
to fuck around with installing an OS, etc - I plug it in, power it up,
and go.  I also dont have to worry about a HD or other components (network
card, etc) failing, and it uses much less power than a "full" computer
system would.  As well as space.

Here's a pic of my setup a few months back.  NetGear RT314, cablemodem, and
Cisco Cat1900 switch.  VERY crappy digital camera, tho.  It looks better
than the picture would have you think.

http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/homenet.jpg

Bill

--