[geeks] Further info on Sol8 networking problem

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Mar 22 11:35:13 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 11:19:23AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 08:13:17AM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > Why not use an inexpensive NAT box, like the Xrouter from Xsense?  I
> > have been using their stuff for *years* - cheap (like a little over
> > $100), never breaks, no moving parts, and does a great job.  Basenji.com
> > has sat behind one since early 2000.  They also have decent tech support.
>
> Or a refurb $50 Netgear RT314; I *love* mine.  May pick up another one
> next payday as a spare, since the 314s been discontinued and replaced with
> the (I dont like it as much) RP114.

Alright.  $50 isn't too much (that's what I keep saying).  Looking for an ebay
buy it now unit I guess.

Hmm.  Is 1% bad feedback decent?  One guy I'm looking at accepts ebays
payment service, which I've been thinking that it looks like it's worth
trying, and with buy it now and shipping it would be $61.  If I wait for some
one else I might be able to save a little on shipping...

--
Joshua D. Boyd