[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: Sad end to SGI Power Challenge XL story

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 21 20:12:45 CST 2002

On March 21, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> O.K., let me clarify.  I *really* hate SGI.  They stole a good chunk of my
> life.  They also killed Cray.  The Challenge series is the focal point for

  They killed Cray?  Could've fooled me.  If you've got a big bank
account, you can call up this "been killed" Cray and order a new
machine.

  Bought != killed.

  I don't dispute the fact that they *damaged* Cray...but they didn't
exactly buy 'em and shut 'em down, which as we all know, happens all
too frequently in this industry.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "Watch those lateral G's man,
St. Petersburg, FL               I've got sandwiches in my lap!" -Sridhar