[geeks] I'm bored

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Mar 21 11:02:00 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 08:07:30AM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:

> I think he didn't go in Sunday night, even though he was expected. That
> would be a problem in the eyes of management, and likely prompted the
> call Monday afternoon.

ok, i was in a pissy mood, and didn't explain myself very well.  i didn't go
in sunday night, but it was ok.  the phone call i got on monday i would have
gotten if i had shown up to work on sunday night.  third shift is being axed
and all the third shift people (all 4 of us) were being let go.  then the moron
VP of Operations thought to ask his department heads what they thought, and
they all wanted us moved to first shift instead of let go, so i just got the
phonecall today that i'm most likely not going to lose my job.  fucking suit
wanker has no clue how to do his job.  the sad part is, he plays it like we
are a large corporation.  when was the last time a company made up or 60 people
(if you count the helpdeskers) was considered a large corporation?  what a
fucking loser.  anyway.  it was a scary week, but the good news is i won't be
working third shift anymore.  well, not right away, they have also descided to
keep us in third shift for a couple weeks.  don't know why.  maybe they haven't
tortured us enough yet.

> I think it's legal.

what isn't?  go look at your contract.  probably says the same thing mine does.
can be terminated at any time without warning, and without reason.  that's
pretty much the norm these days in the IT field.

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)