[geeks] New Suit Trends

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 19 09:46:47 CST 2002

~ We are playing this game now. As part of a move from
~ utility/not-for-profit to for-profit we have $BIG_CONSULTANCY involved
~ resulting in all kinds of efforts at project estimates and time
~ tracking. Thousands of billing codes, ball-park estimates, revised
~ estimates, revised revised estimates, weekly project reports, weekly
~ personal reports, daily time tracking, etc. Looks like a
~ million ways to
~ get around actually doing anything.

I spend at least one hour per day tracking what I did for the other 7 hours.
This is "productivity management"?