[geeks] New Suit Trends

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 19 09:06:18 CST 2002

I waste time on the internet, and I meet my work goals. Would I be more
productive if I didn't spend time playing? I don't know. Maybe I would just
hate my job and my productivity would suck altogether.

I play the "Meet-The-Metric" game. I establish goals with my supervisor and
meet them +10%. If I meet goals by noontime, I don't push ahead much
further. When I work fast it leaves more time for *other* things (assuming
my work is complete and correct, working too fast makes garbage that has to
be cleaned up).

They recently implemented project/time tracking at work, so I play the M-T-M
game even harder.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751